Kenya Summer safari
MT KENYA & MASAI MARA (MARA LEISURE): 2015 -2016
Number of Days: 6 Days
Days of Operation: Can operate on any day of the week, subject to availability
Safari Departure and Arrival timings:
Safari Briefing: Day 02 at 0900hrs approx.
Departs on Day 02 0830hrs approx.
Returns on Day 06 1300hrs approx. (onward flights to be booked 1600hrs onwards)
Pick up point: City Centre or JKI Airport
Drop off point: City Centre or JKI Airport
Travelling north from Nairobi through the lush farming communities from Thika to Nyeri, the landscape drops away to the west into the Great Rift Valley, creating a dramatic back-drop to the journey. The bird-watching and views around Mt Kenya and the lakes are spectacular, while the big-game in Masai Mara is unforgettable.
Day 1 Nairobi
Upon arrival into Nairobi, clients will be met and transferred to the Intercontinental hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
Overnight at the Eka Hotel in a standard room on a bed and breakfast basis
Day 2 Nairobi – Aberdares
After breakfast, drive north to Nyeri, one of Kenya’s major towns and provincial headquarters and then on to the Aberdare Country Club. Here you’ll enjoy a bounteous buffet lunch amidst the beautiful gardens before you are transferred (around ½ an hour) to your night’s destination at the Ark, a uniquely‑shaped lodge tucked away in the Aberdares National Park. Spend the afternoon at leisure.
Overnight at the Ark on a full board basis.
Day 3 Aberdares – Lake Nakuru
An early morning start takes you north‑west as you head for Nyahururu, still known to many as Thomson’s Falls for its 237‑foot cascade. Now travel in a southerly direction to your next destination, the spectacular Lake Nakuru. This is often coloured a shimmering flamingo pink, from the beautiful birds lining its shores. You will arrive at your lodge in time for lunch. Following lunch there is an afternoon game drive returning to the lodge as the sun sets.
Overnight at Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge on a full board basis
Day 4 Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara Game Reserve
After an early morning breakfast, drive to Narok town via Mai-Mahiu with a brief a rest stop and proceed on to Mara arriving in time for lunch at the camp. After lunch, depart for an afternoon game drive returning back to the camp as the sun sets.
Overnight at Mara Leisure Camp on a full board basis
Day 5 Masai Mara Game Reserve
Early morning and afternoon game drives. (It is possible to pre-book an optional early morning Balloon Safari)
Overnight at Mara Leisure Camp on a full board basis.
Day 6 Masai Mara Game Reserve – Nairobi
After breakfast you’ll depart the Masai Mara and head across acres of rolling wheat and barley farms to Narok, the district headquarters of this part of Maasailand. From here cross the vast plains on the floor of the Rift Valley whilst keeping an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle before heading up the rift escarpment. You’ll arrive into Kenya’s bustling capital in the early afternoon. Once in the city, clients will be dropped off in the city centre or at the airportfor ongoing travel arrangements.
RATES BASED ON SAFARI BUS
|NETT IN US DOLLARS||01 to 31 Oct 2015||01 Nov 15 Dec 2015||16 to 31 Dec 2015||01 Jan to 29 Feb 2016|
|Each of 2||1,571.00||1,410.00||1,521.00||1,426.00|
|Each of 3||1,401.00||1,240.00||1,351.00||1,256.00|
|Each of 4||1,316.00||1,155.00||1,266.00||1,171.00|
|Each of 5||1,264.00||1,103.00||1,214.00||1,119.00|
|Each of 6||1,230.00||1,069.00||1,180.00||1,085.00|
|Each of 7||1,206.00||1,045.00||1,156.00||1,061.00|
|Single Room Supplement||332.00||179.00||325.00||304.00|
The Ark and Mara Leisure: US$ 55.00 per person per night on 24 to 26 Dec & 31 Dec 2015 to 01 Jan 2016 inclusive
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge: US$ 40.00 per person per night on 24 to 26 Dec & 31 Dec 2015 to 01 Jan 2016 inclusive
|NETT IN US DOLLARS||01 to 31 Mar 16
01 Nov to 16 Dec 2016
|01 Apr to 31 May 2016||01 to 30 Jun 2016||01 Jul to 31 Oct 2016|
|Each of 2||1,352.00||1,323.00||1,323.00||1,578.00|
|Each of 3||1,182.00||1,153.00||1,153.00||1,408.00|
|Each of 4||1,097.00||1,068.00||1,068.00||1,323.00|
|Each of 5||1,045.00||1,016.00||1,016.00||1,271.00|
|Each of 6||1,011.00||982.00||982.00||1,237.00|
|Each of 7||987.00||958.00||958.00||1,213.00|
|Single Room Supplement||114.00||62.00||62.00||331.00|
The Ark and Mara Leisure: US$ 55.00 per person per night from 25 Mar 2016 to 28 Mar 2016 inclusive
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge: US$ 35.00 per person per night from 25 Mar 2016 to 28 Mar 2016 inclusive
- MAXIMUM 7 PASSENGERS (ADULT/CHILDREN/INFANT) PER VEHICLE
It is possible to pre-book a Balloon safari on Day 5 at an additional cost of
Per person US$385.00 (including landing fee)
Child and Third Adult Policy
- Children under 7yrs not permitted.
- One child aged 7-11 years sharing with 2 adults pays 55% of safari cost based on number of adults travelling
- Children aged 7-11 in own room pay 75% of safari cost based on number of adults travelling
- Third adult sharing pays per person sharing cost
- Children pay 50% of festive supplements
- Meet and greet services
- Transfers as specified above in safari bus
- All transport and game drives on safari sector will be in a safari minibus with pop-up roof (maximum 7 passengers) with an English speaking driver-guide on Private basis
- Guaranteed window seat
- Meals and accommodation as specified
- All park fees and government taxes
- ½ litre bottle mineral water per person per day on game drives
- Visas and international flights
- Airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Driver-guide gratuities
- Drinks, dining rooms tips, porterage
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Balloon Safari
- Cancellation policy as per agent’s agreement or as per our printed Price Guide if no fixed contract is in place. Please request any further information on this if required.
- We may have to re-route the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Prices for domestic flights, airport taxes or park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you.
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags**
Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft sided bags not exceeding 15kgs and 65×46 cm.
Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points.